Tuesday, February 05, 2008

play it sam


Full marks and big congratulations to my buddy Sam who has secured himself a position with TBWA in Dubai.

No teaboy duties and the long, weary crawl up the corporate ladder for our Sam. He goes in straight from Uni as a fully fledged Planner.

Dubai's gain is most certainly the UK's loss.

A lesson I learned from Sam that's stuck with me was as follows.
When describing his disruptive Saatchi baiting antics (much documented elsewhere, so I'll not go into it here again) at a conference we both attended he said:

'When my cv lands on someone's desk, I want them to already know who I am'.

Too bad a UK agency hasn't had the gumption to grab a raw talent.

Best of luck , mate.

2 comments:

Will said...

Quality bloke, if a bit of a nobber..;)

Anonymous said...

Love this post :)

But seriously thanks for the kind words Eaon. In the words of Sir Isaac:

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"

And no I don't mean the New York kind.

Finally, Humphrey watch your mouth boi - I know where you live